1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1971 - 1973

Center Gauge Console Wiring Harness

(1/1)

midlife:
I just refurbished a 71-73 center gauge console wiring harness and built a duplicate for someone else based upon the original.  The light bulb housings are very unique and could not be duplicated, but the two wire 65 dash cluster bulb housing using an 1895 bulb fits nicely with the same illumination intensity.  The original bulb housings are easily damaged as it isn't clear how to remove them; when one does remove them, the tabs often break off.

I was kinda surprised about how "cheap" the console housing was...basically two shells of plastic. 

c9zx:
The Dash bezels in general appear to have been design for "one time use" only. If a wrench gets within 1/2 inch of a fastener or a finger approaches a bulb socket you hear the distinctive sound of plastic breaking.  Chuck

nham3407:
Midlife,

Do you have any plans to start working on 71-73 harnesses any time soon.  I have my complete harness out of the car from end to end and need to go through it just to make sure everything is in good condition and will not cause any problems in a concourse restoration.  I would be very interested if you are looking to move into this era of mustangs.

Thank you,
Brian D.

midlife:
Who said I didn't do 71-73s?  I most certainly do, and would love to work on yours.  For whatever reasons, the 71-73's appear to be much less butchered than earlier models (is it because it is so difficult to access the wiring?), but they still have problems with pins that need to be re-crimped.

nham3407:
No one said you did not, I guess it was just my wrongly placed assumption.  I will PM you so we can exchange in a bit more in depth. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version