3rd Generation 1979 - 1993 > 1979 - 1993

1979 Pace Car Questions

(1/2) > >>

cobramustang1993:
Just got in a 1979 Mustang Pace Car, and have a couple of questions....

1. Does anyone have a picture or description of what the original factory-supplied battery would have looked like????
2. This car does not have the usual underhood pad...It looks like it was never installed at factory.....Anyone have any ideas on that or have the similiar situation with their cars???/

Thanks
Sandy

79mustangcobra:
Hi there.  Is your car a V8 or a Turbo-4?  I have some pictures of low mileage engine bays of each one.

The under hood pad is basically non-existent.  They were used in 79-82 Mustangs, and Capri's.  I found one, after looking for years.  My friend found one, and the guy did not realize he had two, but it cost big bucks.

I'm sorry but I don't have a picture of a NOS battery.

79mustangcobra:
Here is a 100 Mile Turbo-4 Pace Car Engine to use for reference

Here is a 300 Mile 302 V8 Pace car Engine to use for reference

C5ZZ:

--- Quote from: cobramustang1993 on January 25, 2012, 06:59:17 PM ---Just got in a 1979 Mustang Pace Car, and have a couple of questions....

1. Does anyone have a picture or description of what the original factory-supplied battery would have looked like????
2. This car does not have the usual underhood pad...It looks like it was never installed at factory.....Anyone have any ideas on that or have the similiar situation with their cars???/

Thanks
Sandy

--- End quote ---

I have two Pace cars, one I bought new that has only 75 miles,
I have the original battery, it is the optional size.
Both of my cars have hood insulation.
Leave me a PM, I can send you pictures.

79mustangcobra:

--- Quote from: C5ZZ on February 19, 2012, 09:22:02 PM ---I have two Pace cars, one I bought new that has only 75 miles,
I have the original battery, it is the optional size.
Both of my cars have hood insulation.
Leave me a PM, I can send you pictures.

--- End quote ---

I love the username C5ZZ!  = 65 Mustang.  I would love to see some pictures of your D9ZZ Pace Cars.  Maybe you can post them here?

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version