General Discussion > General Discussion

Hello & opinions sought.

(1/5) > >>

sed6:
Hi all-
My exhaustive and ongoing search for my first Mustang lead me here a week or two back and since then I am getting kinda hooked!  I'm really impressed with the knowledge and dedication I read from many many members on this forum.  Until now I had little clue as to the extent Mustang fans go to preserve and restore their cars.

In truth I never thought my search for a '66 fastback, a desire of mine for more than 20 years, would lead me to consider some of the cars I might now consider.

Case in point, this '66 FB GT K CODE. I'd love this car, it looks nearly perfect to me, but how about to you guys and gals? http://www.carrollstauto.com/site/Inventory/ford/66_ford_mustFB_kcode_red/66_ford_mustFB_kcode_red.htm

If you have some input or opinion on this car I'd love to hear it!  Specifically I'm curious as to how close to concours condition it might be. What do you think about the price?  Know anything about this particular car? See anything you really like?

I know there's only a few pics on which to render an opinion, but there is also a brief description to go by. I know not everyone will weigh in, but I appreciate anyone who does!

-Scott
OKC, OK

C5ZZKGT:
Hi, & Welcome to Concours Mustang!!!!
The '66 K GT fastback doesn't look too bad from what I'm seeing-just a couple of observations:
-Its a '66-the engine block should be Ford Blue, Not black-that was 1965.
-Its a Metuchen, NJ plant car by the "Buck tag" on the RH inner fender apron-Check to see if it has "PIO" somewhere on it-THAT itself will tell you IF the car is a factory GT or not-also make sure the VIN on it matches the one on the drivers door data plate and LF inner fender apron-the buck tag may also give some details on other options....
-Also, the fact that its an automatic is a bit rare IF its THE original HIPO spec C-4 unit, and original to the car.
-some small stuff I'm seeing are the decals on the valve covers-these ARE NOT used on Hipo Mustangs, some strange-non-original RED wireing on engine tells me that someone didn't use a correct/original engine wireing harness.
-You need to check the BLOCK just above where the ground for the alternator and battery hook up for the car's VIN
-I'm not sure IF Hipo C-4 transmissions have the car's VIN or not-the 4speeds DO have the car's VIN.
-I'm sure Charles, Jeff and the rest of our gang will chime in on this and render opinions, but I thought I'd start since I'm up super early this morning.
I'm a little hesitant right now to recommend you to the Hipo Mustang site as many months ago it was shut down on us w/o notice and now is back online, I have re-registered with reservations over there and it just doesn't seem the same.....I personally believe the site was sold. BTW I own a 1965 K code GT Convertible. Good Luck!! Please keep us posted!-Rick

aaatp:
All K code cars had 9 inch rear ends.
The pinion snubber bracket welded to the bottom of the car, above the rear end, has a rubber bumper attached to it rather than the
flat plate, that would bump up against the rubber bumper that is  mounted at the front of a 9 inch rear end. The differential does not
appear to have the classic hump on the back identifying it as a 9 inch rear end.

So I don't believe that if this is a rear K code car that it has it's original differential.

John

C5ZZKGT:
I didn't look real close at the rear end.....the 1965 and 1966 9" rears are different in appearance though but this is a valid point to check, lots of made up stuff out there.....

jwc66k:
Welcome to the forum, and buy the car -
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version