1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1971 - 1973

71 Mach 1 restoration almost completed, May?

(1/5) > >>

ceswert:
I purchased a 71 Mach 1 429cjr about one year ago. The gent that I bought it from is restoring it. It is all original with the exception of a Rochester carb, one 15" rim and cap and the pop open gas cap. The car is a close ratio 4 speed with a/c. This combination made it almost impossible to find the correct Quadrajet carb, but I did eventually find one for a big price. I found the correct early 71 gas cap. I believe it is an Autolite. The 15" rim and cap is another story. Still looking! The car is Grabber Blue with medium blue interior. It does not have the deluxe interior. I have had the original exhaust system replaced with an nos system. The restorer knew of a complete 71 model year replacement. This car had 33,00 original miles on it. It sat in a chicken coupe in upper state NY since 1983. It shared space with a 70 Torino SCJ. What a duo! I have an Elite Marti to help document this car, including the 15" rims. The restorer tells me there was only one other 71 Mach 429 with a 4 speed and a/c. It is all factory. I have put up a picture of the car as it was when I bought it. The previous owner, and I believe there was only one other, painted the car a medium blue. The floor pans reveal the original Grabber Blue paint. I will post pictures of the restoration as they become available. Hope you enjoy!     

svo2scj:
Where are  you located ?  (where will you be for future shows)

Mark

ceswert:
Hi Mark,
I am located in Danville, CA 94526, close to San Francisco. If the car is ready to go, I will be showing it at a big Mustang show in Concord, CA. I believe it's in late June. I have not signed up yet as I want to make sure it's here. Thanks for your interest. By the way, I just sold a 72 Mach 1 cj, red, auto all original with 26,000 miles. I believe it is still on the dealer's web site. That is www.ctrmotors.com. Thanks again!

svo2scj:
I asked (knowing I have a wheel) so I could figure out "how much work" I had to put into this!

1) you are lucky it is warm already !
2) How anal are you on date codes?  (I'd be braking up my set for my Boss 351)

Would you want to 'borrow it" (til you find another)
Mark
P.S.  You are lucky you don't need 64.5 date coded wheels (in photo) !

ceswert:
Wow! Where are you located? Let me check with the restorer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version