General Discussion > General Discussion

the vin # on the top of fender size

(1/1)

hughnews1:
I have a 67 coupe with no vin on both fender only on the drive door .. what is the SIZe of the letters/numbers  maybe you could go outside or barn and mesure?  help  Hugh in Hudson

bryancobb:
Not just the SIZE to be concerned about.  The font must be right or it will look "boogered-up."

J_Speegle:
Depending on when and where your car was assembled the font and other details can be different from the one posted above. At least one of the details in the VIN posted above is different from the original ones but that's secret stuff ;)

Restamping these is a very questionable discussion that has taken place time and again on many sites :0

bryancobb:
Yes Jeff,

I am very aware of the arguments and banter about stamping legality.   It IS a very touchy subject that requires a strong touch of common sense.

I have considered offering professional-looking apron pieces to customers with accurate VIN stamping, for LEGITIMATE repairs or restorations.  It would not be cheap but I'm betting I could produce stamping that even you would have a tough time detecting.

I am an ex GA State Trooper and have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST in offering something to benefit counterfeiters or thieves.  I would only sell to individuals who could PROVE CERTAIN that a repair is legit, and is an actual VIN for the car they are working on.

The bottom line is...if no fraud is being committed, then re-stamping is in accordance with Federal and State Laws.

hughnews1:
i found the vin on the pass side  but have no title

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version