General Discussion > General Discussion

What does Concours restored mean, exactly?

(1/14) > >>

C5ZZKGT:
-MY understanding is that it means in "as delivered" condition, as in when the original owner took the car from the lot or showroom for the very first time.

So....then the engine should run, all the guages should work, all the lights should work, steering wheel should be straight, charging system should work, ect, ect right? or is concours restored just for looks with no fluids in the engine, non working electricil systems, just for looks.........

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: C5ZZKGT on May 19, 2012, 07:43:48 AM ----MY understanding is that it means in "as delivered" condition, as in when the original owner took the car from the lot or showroom for the very first time.

So....then the engine should run, all the guages should work, all the lights should work, steering wheel should be straight, charging system should work, ect, ect right? or is concours restored just for looks with no fluids in the engine, non working electricil systems, just for looks.........

--- End quote ---
The simple answer is - "in the condition the car came off the assembly line". I can't think of a concours event where a car was "dry".
Jim

J_Speegle:
Concours restored (as evident in many ads and publications) means allot of different things to different people. Sort of like (for example) rebuilt, original, survivor, never altered, rustfree .... and plenty more ;)

For me it can be restored to how that specific car was original delivered to the dealer, to the first customer, to a specific time or date or a number of other points.  In most cases (since we don't have the provisions to road test or dyno the vehicles) the presentation  does not include operations tests. Today most concours events are static displays.   Guess I would rather see a car with no fluids than one missing key parts or poorly rebuilt 

ruppstang:
In days past the MCA use to do a tech inspection and the car had to operate. I think it was a good thing. But I do understand the time and personal that are required to execute that task.
Marty

carlite65:
i went thru a few of those.................kinda miss them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version