Author Topic: 65 SJ Parking brake cable routing  (Read 14010 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 65 SJ Parking brake cable routing
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 09:10:43 PM »
While we're on the subject, I'm in need of a pair of these outer e-brake brackets.

Might get more looks by placing something in the WANTED section at the bottom of the main page.  Shouldn't be that hard to find a pair
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 07:36:17 PM »
Can someone help with the correct routing of the rear parking brake cables
Car is a June 65 built SJ fastback. The floor pan has a raised recess near the rear frame rails each side
I can only assume this allows the cable to pass between the rear frame rail and the floorpan then onto the rear wheel
Wondering if someone might have a photo of the cable in this general location
The mounting brackets are loops 4 pcs which mount using screws I think 2 might mount to the frame rail and 2 to the floor
Any help to confirm this would be appreciated
Thanks
Peter
Peter,

I have observed quite a few SJ fastbacks built very near your car.  The transition from the "hump" in the floor to the flat floors appeared to have occurred right around the 5R09x239xxx numbers. 

The cars with the "humps" did not have the cable routed through this area.  They used a unique clip as specified by a few of the other posters.

These are not the greatest photos, but here are a few that may help.  The clips do not appear to have been zinc plated, but I would have to look at some originals a bit closer to check them out again.

Offline buckeyeresto

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
dearborn cars had those same clips, had those repoped and have a few left

thanks

Offline petersixtfive

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 03:52:29 AM »
Thanks Brant,
The photos are the confirmation I needed
Closer examination of the clips I believe they were natural steel no plating
Also the clips on each cable are turned 180 degrees to each other (as where the clips on my original cables)when screwed to the floorpan for each cable
I believe the screws were zinc plated. I was interested in the mounting location for the rear clip as the body guy had welded these up and painted over them thinking they were obsolete holes.
Only small details but it is nice to have another reference to confirm these.
Thanks again
65 SJ GT fastback June 65 Build