1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1971 - 1973

My "Other" Current Project - 71 XR7 429CJ - Just Sharing

(1/2) > >>

J_Speegle:
On a somewhat related subject (Classic Cougars) I offer the following link if anyone is interested. Some of the details would cross over (though I'm not doing a restored car by our standard) for those 71-73 Mustang owner so I thought I would post. Been a long term project though I've had it sitting in one of my garages for about 25 years.  Will be my driver for a once completed.  Should be fun.

People often wonder why I'm spending my time with such a project - or even owning the vehicle until they look at the specifics ;)

http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=453

69RavenConv:
A 429-4V will be a little hard on gas for a daily driver, and leather seats might get a bit warm in the California sun. I'm not sure what you see in that car but whatever moves you  ;)  ...  Seriously, though,  nice car there, looking forward to watching the resto...

Stangly:
Nice looking car Jeff.

J_Speegle:
Gas will not be any worst from my current driver a 2000 F250 Turbo Diesel or at least the mileage will be similar. Its just something different that I can leave in a parking lot without many taking notice of - no ram air hood scoop, no 429CJ emblems and such - plus its a 71 so less likely anyone will notice past - "that's a clean old Cougar"  Maybe I can catch a few rice burners from time to time on the freeway  :D

CharlesTurner:
Very nice, thanks for sharing Jeff!  One thing I like about this car nearing completion (other than you getting to ride around in it) is that it now clears the way for something like... um, a sapphire blue car???   ;D 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version