Author Topic: 67 San Jose Decal locations - Purchased "Kit"  (Read 7700 times)

Offline ruppstang

Re: 67 San Jose Decal locations - Purchased "Kit"
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 10:48:33 AM »
The ECS ones are not too bad.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 02:49:12 PM »
The ECS ones are not too bad.

Marty unless they have changed them recently  IMHO they aren't very close

First I must say that very very few of these paper (with no clear plastic covers) remain today. Weather and elements have taken their toll long ago on what was likely meant to be a temporary item.

Checked their current web page and noticed the following when comparing the one displayed there with originals

1- Color of ink used in different

2- Design (pattern of the printed pattern) is not correct for 67-68

3- The filled out information is from a 69 Dearborn decal - different from at least 67-68 San Jose and Dearborn

So other than the shape of the sticker and a couple of the details being similar ;)

And of course (though as mentioned above not what you may want on a car being used) the material the sticker/decal is made from

Just my observations after thirty + years seeking original examples out
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline myblue67

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 04:21:44 PM »
Added the trunk jack picture. 

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?board=24.0

Do you have a picture of a glove compartment with the tire pressure sticker?
1967 midnight blue coupe, inline 6 200, Sport Sprint, 3 speed standard, manual brake/steering, San Jose, June 7.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 08:11:48 PM »

Checked through about 10K pictures and no one example - sorry
Jeff Speegle

Offline myblue67

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 01:57:12 AM »
Checked through about 10K pictures and no one example - sorry

Ok.  I can take a pic of the faded sticker on my original air cleaner to add to your collection if you want or need.  Do I put the the tie-down sticker on the backside of the license plate or behind the plate on the valence?

Thanks
SG
1967 midnight blue coupe, inline 6 200, Sport Sprint, 3 speed standard, manual brake/steering, San Jose, June 7.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 02:13:58 AM »
Ok.  I can take a pic of the faded sticker on my original air cleaner to add to your collection if you want or need.

You can post it here

Do I put the the tie-down sticker on the backside of the license plate or behind the plate on the valence?

On the valance behind where the plate would go
Jeff Speegle

Offline myblue67

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 11:31:57 PM »
You can post it here

On the valance behind where the plate would go

Do you have a pic of the sticker behind the valence? Seems like the sticker i have is too big. I would have to put it over the valence screws and a little lip on the bottom.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 12:37:18 AM »
Do you have a pic of the sticker behind the valence? Seems like the sticker i have is too big. I would have to put it over the valence screws and a little lip on the bottom.

They don't "fit " and were designed not to last too long - and because of this once exposed at a yard notmally don't last a week

Here are two examples from 66 I had handy- normally they lap over on the lower lic plate bracket (not always pressed nice and smooth but bridged across) or higher on the valance '

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 07:32:29 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline Dudley

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 08:18:56 AM »

I will post a picture of the tire pressure sticker in my car later this morning, though mine is a '68 SJ June build. 
A couple years ago I got adventurous and lifted up the carpet on the front passenger side to look for a build sheet. I didn't find it, but I did find the paper backing that came from the tire pressure sticker. It was in halves, but I thought it interesting that the paper backing was stamped 'Mustang", apparently to further identify what type of car the sticker was for.
The sticker on mine is centered on the glove box insert, between the two screws that hold the box insert to the glove box door. The front edge of the sticker is located on the edge of the cutout of the insert for the lock latch.

Okay, as promised..........
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:21:50 PM by Dudley »
sold my sig pix Mustang to Marcus Anghel in Sept 2017 -- 1968 Mustang coupe 11,900 mile unrestored-June 19,1968 SJ build. ON COVER OF MCA MUSTANG TIMES APRIL 2018 with feature article. My personal Pix available at :  http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/137299/ppuser