1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

70 Mach 1 Dearborn rocker molding black out

<< < (2/6) > >>

imnutz66:
Thanks for the great info Jeff, exactly what I was looking for. Even though I have an early # before 117, I think the line looks better at the top of the rocker curve than all the way to the sill plate, I think that will be my course of action, thanks again

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: imnutz66 on February 11, 2010, 03:57:26 PM ---Thanks for the great info Jeff, exactly what I was looking for. Even though I have an early # before 117, I think the line looks better at the top of the rocker curve than all the way to the sill plate, I think that will be my course of action, thanks again

--- End quote ---

Your welcome.

One of the problems is figuring out where any car is in the "pattern or change" unless we have Marti reports on all the cars. You car may have been built after 117xxx for all we know

imnutz66:
Just one more quick one, the black used appears to be the same as used on the hood center stripe, would that be correct?

Joe

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: imnutz66 on February 12, 2010, 07:42:26 AM ---Just one more quick one, the black used appears to be the same as used on the hood center stripe, would that be correct?

Joe

--- End quote ---

Do not believe so- it appears to be a smooth semi gloss like what was used for the pinch welds IMHO there appears to have been IMHO a can with a brush and black part at one or more locations along the line IMHO. Have seen it used when workers missed the head light black outs, pinch weld black out in a section or area, at the engine compartment to body color on top of the engine compartment walls and other locations

1970 Snake:
Hi Jeff, I am in the process of doing a rotisserie resto om my 1970 Dearborn Mach 1 R-code, calypso coral with white interior and would like any info and pics you are willing to share regarding black out on the pinch weld area and other. I see this post has a number of pictures but I can not access them, would it be possible to get these pictures. Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version