1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

1967 deluxe steering wheel

<< < (6/6)

67gta289:
I’m trying to assess the difference between the standard C6OZ-3520-A steering wheel spring and the tilt C7SZ-3530-A.   The MPC lists both.  The assembly manual infers that only the tilt gets a spring. 

The third picture has a known tilt C7SZ spring on the right.  The spring in the left is not known.  If the standard/non-tilt wheel came with a spring, can someone reply with a picture and dimension? 

Thanks, John

krelboyne:
The difference is roughly the thickness of the cancelling cam. Not saying that is the answer, but maybe.

The spring is needed to keep the bearings in the upper knuckle on a tilt.

Tony Augustine is the Ford tilt repair and expert these days. He is in Missouri

alisatonyaug@aol.com is his email.

196667Bob:
As far as I know, the non-tilt wheels also have springs, although the two are different. Attached picture (for which you'll need to zoom in) , while not the best, is of my original non-tilt column, in which the spring appears to be there, just as the MPC's note that it should be. Of course, unfortunately, I can't give you a better picture or dimensions, since you know where it resides.

I think the problem is the wording in the Assembly Manual. Where it notes "For Dual Action Tilt Only", with the triangle symbol for the footnote. As I read this after several times, it means that the spring is part of the tilt column assembly itself, as opposed to a separate "loose" part that can be put on during assembly of the non-tilt column ; not that a spring is only for the tilt column.

Just a thought.

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version