Author Topic: 69 Shelby Glove Box Shelby Tire Pressure Decal  (Read 940 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
69 Shelby Glove Box Shelby Tire Pressure Decal
« on: August 25, 2023, 07:13:51 PM »
We had a request for some original 69 Shelby glove box tire pressure decal over in the Members Build section of the site and since that is not viewable by non-members I thought it would be helpful for others by posting it over here in the more public section. Note that the sticker typically has the lower section (when compared to the reproductions available and originally) trimmed for some reason. This has been found on numerous original examples we have.

The Mustang tire pressure decal located on the drivers door and applied at Dearborn was not typically applied but there were some (most on the earlier cars from what I have) and on 70's for some reason (installed on the passenger door edge). Lots of different versions were used during 69 production and this often will help you determine if the sticker (if present) is likely a reproduction added later or an original.

For details on that one  look at the 69 Dearborn Running Changes thread or search and find the thread on those since there are multiple versions (C9 and DO versions) depending on production period

« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 01:01:20 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline tobkob

Re: 69 Shelby Glove Box Shelby Tire Pressure Decal
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 09:28:34 PM »
Jeff, you might want to mention the sticker in glove box was trimmed on the bottom to fit, at least on the ones you posted and ones I have seen.

TOB
1969 (04/07/69) GT350 owned since 1970. Only owner since Hertz.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 01:02:23 AM »
Jeff, you might want to mention the sticker in glove box was trimmed on the bottom to fit, at least on the ones you posted and ones I have seen.

I think you just did mention it   :) But thanks and yes I added it to my post above. Just labeled/found in my stack of unlabled pictures, two more examples trimmed the same
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline specialed

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 10:36:47 AM »
The 70 KAR KRAFT changed over from 69 shelbys glovebox  tire stickers were partly removed or ripped out (but glue and some parts of the sticker still remained) and the new doza-e 70 tire sticker were installed on rh door like all 70 mustangs because on 69 lh door area where tire stickers were the new 70 car id decal was installed in same area replacing the metal 69 type below tire decal on 69 mustangs. Years ago i removed an original 70 shelby tire doza decal from one of my cars and sent it to ECS to have made correctly so you can buy them from ECS.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 10:39:23 AM by specialed »