3rd Generation 1979 - 1993 > 1984 - 1986 SVO

Positive Battery Cables

<< < (2/2)

bluemax:

--- Quote from: rodster on December 17, 2013, 02:13:52 AM ---
Interesting that my 83 TBird has an exposed pos cable end and no cover?  Maybe it was a later (than 5/83)  thing or else just not used on the TBird line?

--- End quote ---

I would assume that the cover has been lost, removed, etc. I have never seen a positive battery cable without a cover... they were even used on the early cars.

rodster:
I know this is the Concours Mustang forum so sorry for straying, but at least it's a Ford.  ;)

Bought the 83 TBird new so I know for sure it never had the cover.  Also saw (and think I have pictures of) a 6000 mile 83 TBird, no cover either.  Both Lorain built cars.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: bluemax on December 17, 2013, 07:40:57 AM ---I would assume that the cover has been lost, removed, etc. I have never seen a positive battery cable without a cover... they were even used on the early cars.
--- End quote ---
I don't know how early a car you are referring to but the 67-70 Mustangs did not have a cover on the positive cable end. I am not sure on 71-3.

bluemax:

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 17, 2013, 11:54:11 PM ---I don't know how early a car you are referring to but the 67-70 Mustangs did not have a cover on the positive cable end. I am not sure on 71-3.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the clarification. I was using my experience with the 65-66 cars and made a bad assumption. Very interesting info. though.

As for the '83 T-bird question... another bad assumption. I do know that '84-86 SVO's all received covers on the POS terminal. I should stick to thst  ::)

Nothing I hate worse than spreading mis-information.

SVOSeth:
2020! Looks like this cable is now in production by Daniel Carpenter! LMR has them and others vendors as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version