Author Topic: Engine compartment decals  (Read 3066 times)

priceless

Engine compartment decals
« on: March 06, 2010, 12:39:27 PM »
I am wanting to know where I can find concours engine and engine compartment decals. I heard of a company one time and can't remember the name of it. It's called something like, BKE Automotive or KBE Automotive or something like that. I know some of these parts vendors carry them,but, heard that this company actually tells you where the decals go under the hood and on the engine.
 Also, I am looking for replacement wire radiator clamps and pedestal clamps(tower clamp) for heater hose and by-pass hose.
 Parts are for a 1969 Mustang with 351W. Data tag on door says build date: Feb. 17.

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Engine compartment decals
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 12:45:09 PM »
i believe you are thinking of ecsautomotive.com they have excellent decals. also try amkproducts.com for the clamps.
5F09C331248

priceless

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 01:12:20 PM »
Thats it ! ECS Automotive. I remember the name had initials, but couldn't remember them. And thanks for the info on the clamps.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 03:31:11 PM »
I am wanting to know where I can find concours engine and engine compartment decals. I heard of a company one time and can't remember the name of it. It's called something like, BKE Automotive or KBE Automotive or something like that. I know some of these parts vendors carry them,but, heard that this company actually tells you where the decals go under the hood and on the engine.

Don't know of any site or catalog that provides the correct location for all the plants and all the different combinations. At best you might get the "official" location that Ford expected then to be placed rather than where the workers typically put them. IMHO this can be very different
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

priceless

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 09:48:27 AM »
ECS Automotive does tell you that the decals are located in various locations of the engine compartment depending on engine size and which plant assembled the vehicle. But, they try to give you a pretty close description of where the decal may go depending on engine size and assembly plant.
  Go on ecsautomotive.com. You'll see what I'm talking about. Super information for the restorer and really nice repo decals to boot. Again, thanks carlite65 for the info.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 02:58:08 PM »

They are a fine company turning out generally some of the best decals available  but descriptions IMHO as follows, would not allow a owner to place his service spec decal in the correct location  Just an example of what I was describing

"Decal is located in various locations depending on which engine was installed. Examples would include the top firewall area on the passenger side, the driver side shock tower, the passenger side shock tower, or the driver side inner fender well next to the washer bottle."

Also, I am looking for replacement wire radiator clamps and pedestal clamps(tower clamp) for heater hose and by-pass hose.
 Parts are for a 1969 Mustang with 351W. Data tag on door says build date: Feb. 17.

Wire and pedestal clamps are available from most vendors (not sure if your looking for dated pedestal clamps)
as it the by-pass hose.  Since the pedestals and hose will be painted might not really be all that important to get all the marked stuff - your choice. NPD and  Virgina Mustang are two places I'm sure can help unless your going with original only parts

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)