Author Topic: '69 F.B. with a non fold down rear seat...  (Read 836 times)

Offline Mike_Senar

'69 F.B. with a non fold down rear seat...
« on: May 28, 2023, 08:42:51 PM »
Hello,
  I have a couple of questions for others here that own, or have owner a car like this.
 #1.  Does, or should the rear package tray be covered with something (like a vinyl covering)?
 #2.  Now about the trunk area, there is not supposed to be a "block-off panel" like the '67-'68 cars, right? Like one closing off the under package tray space.
 #3.  If the number two questions answer is no, is the trunk area below the package tray just an open, raw space?  Meaning no side trim or floor area panel (just over the rear axle hump)?

Anyone have a picture or two of trunk area showing the vehicle assembled?
                                                                                                            Mike

Offline rockhouse66

Re: '69 F.B. with a non fold down rear seat...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 08:45:59 AM »
Here are a couple;

Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: '69 F.B. with a non fold down rear seat...
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 05:59:38 PM »
Hello,
  I have a couple of questions for others here that own, or have owner a car like this.
 #1.  Does, or should the rear package tray be covered with something (like a vinyl covering)?

You had the painted metal frame with the insulation layer above that and then the painted package tray. Insulation layer can be seen from the trunk above the metal frame and through the "defroster duct" cut out above the trap door opening

https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=3066.msg26752#msg26752

#2.  Now about the trunk area, there is not supposed to be a "block-off panel" like the '67-'68 cars, right? Like one closing off the under package tray space.

Correct

#3.  If the number two questions answer is no, is the trunk area below the package tray just an open, raw space?  Meaning no side trim or floor area panel (just over the rear axle hump)?

No other than underlayment and mat on the floor. No attempt to "finish off" the area so to speak

Anyone have a picture or two of trunk area showing the vehicle assembled?

Using the search feature found additional pictures in both threads and the unrestored picture sections Such as :

- 69 NJ 428CJ Mach I - Unrestored Picture Thread
- 69 NJ Mach I M Code- Unrestored Picture Thread

Few here

https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=19189.msg133856#msg133856

Also the trunk mats were different between fold down and non-fold down applications
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)