1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

What is the correct paint for Mach 1 rocker moundings?

(1/2) > >>

DaveF:
Recently, I bought some paint from NPD. It is a very dark charcoal grey that is almost black. The color of my rocker molding is a much lighter gray. Could someone give me an indication of which one is right, or where I might find the right shade of grey?

J_Speegle:
I guess you already looked at and compared the pictures of the unrestored 70 Mach I's in that section of the site. Of course digits pictures can be unreliable due to monitor and camera settings but place to start if your comparing light and dark colors

Second one from the top of the list - Dearborn car- has a nice side short and close to compare with  ;)

ExportMach:

--- Quote from: DaveF on May 03, 2024, 11:42:51 PM ---Recently, I bought some paint from NPD. It is a very dark charcoal grey that is almost black. The color of my rocker molding is a much lighter gray. Could someone give me an indication of which one is right, or where I might find the right shade of grey?

--- End quote ---

Recently I purchased and used the paint from NPD and it closely matched the OE paint on my OE rocker trim panels. It was dark charcoal but by no means was it almost black.

J_Speegle:
A good IMHO way to compare or comment on how dark a Charcoal may be would be to compare the color to the interior "black"/dark charcoal metallic since that is a fairly standard color. Just a thought.  :)

HDAshmore:
Message Tucson bruce.  I bet he can assist.
Dan in kansas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version