Author Topic: engine wire harness clips  (Read 830 times)

Offline rare70cat

engine wire harness clips
« on: October 04, 2023, 08:35:48 PM »
What is being used for the engine wire harness black clips? The ones that are taped into the harness. Nobody makes a reproduction that I have found. The white ones are reproduced but are Not the same as the black ones. The black clips have a longer section that clip into the fire wall. Thanks

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: engine wire harness clips
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 09:53:06 PM »
What is being used for the engine wire harness black clips? The ones that are taped into the harness. Nobody makes a reproduction that I have found. The white ones are reproduced but are Not the same as the black ones. The black clips have a longer section that clip into the fire wall. Thanks
I have never had much trouble finding a donor wiring harness to get need clips wire, plugs etc. from. I would suggest concentrating on that alternative.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 11:10:54 PM »
Agree donor cars. Mustangs are not the only Ford/Mercury cars that used these. As long as you know what your looking for it will take some effort but you can find them or at least its worth IMHO the effort. This sort of details will help make the restoration better (closer to how the car was built originally) and make it stand out to those you know and notice.

Could also take pictures, add specifications and post that information in a wanted ad here and any logical place on the web. I would think that there are many of us with boxes and buckets of this sort of misc pieces laying around. Just have to get them to look for you. Think that is the biggest battle to overcome  ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 1966KGT

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 07:24:01 PM »
May contact Midlife for his inventory if the search yields nothing useable.
1966 K GT, BUILT 11/08/65 4 SPEED, SAN JOSE CAR, 1969 Mustang convertible, 1970 MACH 1, 1963 GALAXIE Q code Fastback, 1966 mustang t code coupe, fuel injected

Offline rare70cat

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2023, 10:45:21 PM »
I actually just bought another harness for the clips. I'm still one short. Midlife is a good idea. I sent my harnesses to him to check out. He cleaned and tested everything but didn't replace any clips. I also sent pics to Jack at Deanutson. Thank you for all the info.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2023, 12:13:33 AM »
I normally don't replace clips, as my focus is upon reliability and a low price point.  I can harvest clips for you upon special request.  I may cost you a beer or two, though...
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline specialed

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2023, 12:30:50 AM »
The black clips are out there amk and u just remove the foam ring from what i remember.

Offline rare70cat

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2023, 06:35:26 PM »