Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

Acapulco Blue in modern PPG DBC

(1/3) > >>

jmlay:
I know these cars were originally painted in single stage. I have chosen to use base clear.

While I may be incorrect, it's my understanding of one goes to a PPG distributor and asked for Acapulco Blue, 3077-A/13357, the mix codes are only available in their ShopLine, unavailable in Concept (DBC). Is this accurate? Has anyone had an original paint car scanned and mixed in PPG Concept, base/clear?

DragPack69:
Mike, I took my original mirror to my paint guy and he scanned and mixed exactly to the paint under the rear window gasket.
Not all paint guys can be that exact.
I think we're lucky as ours is about as good as they come.

John

jmlay:
Thanks for replying. Should have followed up on my own post. Unfortunately, the only original paint left on this car is on the trunk lid square tube. This surface are is not large enough to scan.

Since the original post I have reached out to PPG directly and was assured they have they have a mix formula in using bdc toners. Now to get a sample and do a few spray outs to match with the trunk hinges.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: jmlay on May 27, 2023, 10:48:28 PM ---Thanks for replying. Should have followed up on my own post. Unfortunately, the only original paint left on this car is on the trunk lid square tube. This surface are is not large enough to scan.

Since the original post I have reached out to PPG directly and was assured they have they have a mix formula in using bdc toners. Now to get a sample and do a few spray outs to match with the trunk hinges.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the up date. Once you get the mix maybe you can post it to help others at least until PPG changes paint and mixes again

jmlay:
Absolutly!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version