1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Shelby

S2MS-9424A intake

(1/3) > >>

fast66:
Hi,
I just bought this COBRA intake. The man has had it on his shelf since early 80's. The quick internet research I was able to do before I decided to buy it, made me shink that it is the "real deal". The "OECO" marking on the bottom would indicate it is an Offenhouser made, over the counter piece?

What do you think?

Thanks!
Claes

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: fast66 on April 25, 2023, 12:23:07 PM ---Hi,
I just bought this COBRA intake. The man has had it on his shelf since early 80's. The quick internet research I was able to do before I decided to buy it, made me shink that it is the "real deal". The "OECO" marking on the bottom would indicate it is an Offenhouser made, over the counter piece?

What do you think?

Thanks!
Claes

--- End quote ---
Yes based on the pictures it is the real deal . There are more then one version that was used during 66 GT350 production. They were all different from each other.  The picture shows one of the early style versions with the non cropped "A" . The later versions had a portion of the "A" leg cropped off for more distributor clearance.

J_Speegle:
Agree its likely a production/assembly line piece. Nice find

Lots of little differences in the intake manifolds during 66 production. The one you purchased was not used for a very long period of time before changes were made

fast66:
Thank You, Bob and Jeff!

I will probably use it on my 66 K-code GT... what carburator would have been used? The normal 600 cfm Autolite or a larger Holley?

/Claes

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: fast66 on April 27, 2023, 03:25:21 PM ---I will probably use it on my 66 K-code GT... what carburator would have been used? The normal 600 cfm Autolite or a larger Holley?
--- End quote ---

Depends on when the Shelby was built and with what transmission. Autolite for most automatic cars and the 715 Holley for four speeds. If purchased across the counter and added to a Mustangs then you got the Holley

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version