1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1965 Shelby

65 GT350 Side/Rocker Panel Stripe Pictures

(1/1)

J_Speegle:
Had a request and in assembling pictures I noticed that we didn't have any published in the open part of the site. They have been uploaded so they were likely posted elsewhere and there are examples in the Unrestored Picture Thread section of the site. As we know the side stripes were painted on the side of the cars in 65 so we would expect and do find examples with overspray and blow outs in some areas were the surface was not masked well or corners where the tape may not have been pressed fully or followed the surface well. Pictures are from various unrestored  65 Shelby's   

Hope these help others as they prepare and paint these on their cars.

SS1- GT 350 section of the stripe. The GT350 itself is a decal/sticker

SS2- Forward edge of the door section

SS3- That edge from the opposite side. Not visible traces of overspray on the back side

SS4- Forward rocker area

SS5- Rocker section with door open

SS6- Rear door opening with stripe ends on the B pillar/quarter panel edge. On this example there is some overspray behind where the tape was applied

SS7- Rear door opening with stripe ends on the B pillar/quarter panel edge.  Tape not pressed well in the compound corner

SS8- Rear door opening with stripe ends on the B pillar/quarter panel edge.

SS9- Nice clean edge of the rear edge of the door

SS10- Quarter panel section

SS11-

SS12- Rear stripe edge

SS13-

SS14- Blue overspray from the stripe application. Amazing that this is still visible. On some examples it must have been fairly heavy and very visible to still be so strong and visible after all these years. Especially considering the condition of some of the examples and their other painted surfaces

SS15-

SS16-

J_Speegle:
As a follow up it appears I skipped posting some pictures of the front wheel well lip above so here are some. Sorry I've not collected as many of this area as I have others

SS17-

SS18- These next two are from the same car and ita apparent that they have seen their share of use and road rash as well as some buffing of the lip edge through the stripe paint on at least the following picture

SS19-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version