Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

69 vs 70 hood catch support bracket

(1/2) > >>

grabberblue:
I'm currently wanting to replace the hood catch center support bracket on a 70 Mustang. I understand that they're different between a 69 and 70 Mustang. Specifically the bolt hole arrangement where it attaches to the radiator support bracket. I have a picture of what i believe to be two support brackets (attached). If someone has a picture of a 69 and 70 support bracket that they could take a picture and share I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.

6t9m1:
Early 69 production not sure how long it ran for. This one is dated 7  29  D2

grabberblue:
Hi 6t9m1,

Thank you for getting back with me! Having a picture of a 69 hood catch support bracket you can definitely tell the difference.

Dan

6t9m1:
Hi Dan

Note that I included the date code stamping with my picture of an early one I have.
That date code would be 29 July 1968
Also I would not be surprised if the 70 style bracket you posted was being used sometime during the 69 production run.
Hopefully someone will know if there was a change and around when it happened.
I might also add that when these brackets are assembled on the vehicle it would be hard to tell the difference if the 24 inch radiator is used.

grabberblue:
Hi 6t9m1,

Thank you again for the great input. I looked for the date code in the picture you provided but I don't see it. When you get the chance, could send the picture with the date code?

Thank you,

Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version