Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

Trunk lid paint question

(1/1)

graceGt500:
Painting of a 70 trunk lid
I  have two questions .
1. was the trunk lid painted of the car
2. and if it was  did the bolts that hold it to the hinges get painted body colour

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: graceGt500 on February 05, 2024, 12:40:19 PM ---Painting of a 70 trunk lid
I  have two questions .
1. was the trunk lid painted of the car
2. and if it was  did the bolts that hold it to the hinges get painted body colour

--- End quote ---

Confused so lets see if we can narrow down the information to get you the best info.

Is your car a 70 Mustang, 70 Boss 302, or 70 Shelby? Screen name made me wonder

Also when and where was the car built? Something that will be needed almost always when you post a question or picture  ;) Might want to add that info to your signature like most people here so its automatically included in your posts

1969 Cale II:
If you want a simple answer, trunk lids were installed before painting and yes, the bolts would be body color. Just a general answer to how Ford did most of their cars.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 1969 Cale II on February 06, 2024, 09:24:05 PM ---If you want a simple answer, trunk lids were installed before painting and yes, the bolts would be body color. Just a general answer to how Ford did most of their cars.

--- End quote ---

His screen name includes GT500. That is the reason I asked . If he has a Shelby most cars would not be correct if they followed your suggestion above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version