1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1965 Shelby

Paint for Koni shocks

(1/5) > >>

tbolt427:

Looking for the correct spray paint for restoring Koni shocks.

Texas Swede:
Tbolt,
If you are talking about the red paint on 65-66 Konis, I had a paint company here in Texas
mix the correct color from the bottom bracket on an original front Koni dated 4-65.
If you send me a personal message with your email address I can send the PPG formula.
I have used this on the original Konis on my 65 Shelby and sevaral friends have used the
same on their 65s.
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Texas Swede on February 23, 2012, 04:59:53 PM ---Tbolt,
If you are talking about the red paint on 65-66 Konis, I had a paint company here in Texas
mix the correct color from the bottom bracket on an original front Koni dated 4-65.
If you send me a personal message with your email address I can send the PPG formula.
I have used this on the original Konis on my 65 Shelby and sevaral friends have used the
same on their 65s.
Texas Swede

--- End quote ---
+1 , Bo has helped  many of us with this.

PraireBronze:
Years ago I contacted Koni directly and bought the correct color paint from them.  It was Plasti-kote T-31 "Bright Orange" in a spray can.  Dunno if they still make it.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: PraireBronze on February 23, 2012, 06:28:21 PM ---Years ago I contacted Koni directly and bought the correct color paint from them.  It was Plasti-kote T-31 "Bright Orange" in a spray can.  Dunno if they still make it.

--- End quote ---
It also depends on when years ago you contacted them as the shade has changed a couple of times over the years. The color matched formula is from some correct era dated shocks. NPD sells a formula in a spray can but it isn't the same ether. just sayin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version