Author Topic: San Jose Mustang GT Detail Questions  (Read 914 times)

Offline Sean C. Gearty

• 1969 San Jose GT
San Jose Mustang GT Detail Questions
« on: April 21, 2014, 05:29:19 PM »
Per some of the notes I took on Saturday with J. Speegle. I pulled what was left of my build sheet and in the top left hand corner like you mentioned was the Rotation Number 588. You had mentioned that this goes on the hood in two different colors. How should I proceed?

Also need to use a black caulking for the fenders instead of gray material. What was that material you had mentioned?

thanks, Sean

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: San Jose Mustang GT Detail Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 10:53:15 PM »
Per some of the notes I took on Saturday with J. Speegle. I pulled what was left of my build sheet and in the top left hand corner like you mentioned was the Rotation Number 588. You had mentioned that this goes on the hood in two different colors. How should I proceed?

Find a white and black fairly fine tipped permanent marker like a Sharpie. The blacks always appear to be done with a marker - I've seen the white done in what appears to be marker or at times a fine tipped crayon. So at this point - your choice

Most of the time the second (one found on the buildsheet) rotation number was applied in the upper left (drivers) and right (passengers) corners of the hood when its open and are applied so they are right side up when the hood is open

Looking at plenty of other examples it appears that the workers applied rotation numbers in each of the corners but did not follow any pattern as to which color mark went any any particular corner/side

Also need to use a black caulking for the fenders instead of gray material. What was that material you had mentioned?

3M strip chalking in black. It comes in a box (allot of strips but you'll find other uses for it ;)   so you can take 2-3 strips press them together and use the larger strip in those fender to inner fender/engine compartment lips joints

http://3mcollision.com/3m-strip-calk-08578-black.html
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Sean C. Gearty

• 1969 San Jose GT
Re: San Jose Mustang GT Detail Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 12:32:53 AM »
Thank you Jeff