Author Topic: 67 Shelby GT500 Radio Options  (Read 5244 times)

Offline Brian Styles

• 1967 Shelby Research Group
Re: 67 Shelby GT500 Radio Options
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 08:37:42 PM »
Bob,

For clarification, I think you are referring to the 'Extra' Cooling Package (ECP) - not to be confused with the 'Heavy Duty' Battery (55A).
Regardless, you did inform me a long time ago that all 1967 Shelbys came with the ECP components, which I believe was in response to my inquiry that I didn't see all cars were ordered with the ECP (referencing Marti reports). Anyway, how about we don't contaminate the radio post with this, as I already had created a topic over at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/shelbyresearch/YiH6qH5xDjE which even offers an explanation as to why the option was specifically not itemized on certain DSOs.

[edit: Bob, I've never seen the 'ECP' itemized on a Shelby invoice. Granted, I've probably only seen around 80 SAI invoices or so, so Im sure I just haven't been exposed to as many as you have. Would you be so kind as to email me one or post it to the ECP topic over at the www.1967shelbyresearch.com group? Thanks]

I understand that the improper use of the term 'radio delete' is generally accepted by the community, however, that still doesn't make it correct.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:38:52 AM by Brian Styles »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 67 Shelby GT500 Radio Options
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 07:22:47 PM »
NOTE:  As sometimes happens a group of responses have been split from this thread and moved to the Judging section since the thread took a notable turn from its original focus.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)