1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

Wiper motor bracket grommets

<< < (2/2)

CCP:
Thanks guys. I was referring to the bracket that the wiper motor mounts to. It has 2 mounting holes on the wider end and 2 slots on the narrow end where it bolts to the cowl.
 It looked liked the remains of a rubber grommet, I thought perhaps for vibration, but Caspian may be right in that it could be just strip caulking.

Pete.

awhtx:
I have the wiper motors and brackets out of both of my cars ('65 and '66 San Jose) and neither of them show any evidence of grommets where the bracket attaches to the body. I don't think grommets were needed there because the motor is mounted to the bracket with grommets so any vibration from the motor is absorbed at its mounting point to the bracket.

Bossbill:

--- Quote from: awhtx on January 25, 2018, 10:07:06 AM --- I don't think grommets were needed there because the motor is mounted to the bracket with grommets so any vibration from the motor is absorbed at its mounting point to the bracket.

--- End quote ---

The slots in the top end of the bracket appear to be a mounting convenience feature. Put the wiper hold down bolts in the top of the dash, slide the entire wiper bracket and wiper assembly up under the top bolts and then put in the bottom bolts. Tighten them all and done.

CCP:
Thanks guys, that makes perfect sense now. Didn't think about the motor already being rubber mounted to the bracket, and Bossbill was right; the bracket was easy to slide into place once I started the two top bolts.
 You guys have all the answers! LOL

Thanks again for the help,  Pete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version