Author Topic: WTB - For 1967  (Read 574 times)

Offline 196667Bob

WTB - For 1967
« on: March 29, 2020, 02:36:17 AM »
Need Warning Indicator Panel Lamp, Bezel and Lens, "FUEL", Blue, for early 1967 Safety Convenience Panel. Ford Part Number C7ZZ-10C876-F.  Actually need "Lens Only", but either "lens only" or "Lens and Bezel" is OK.

Please PM if you can help.

Thanks,

Bob
1966 Coupe, C Code, 3 Sp MT, 6T07C154XXX, Build Date 11/22/65
1967 Conv, C Code, C4, 7F03C154XXX, Actual Build Date 01/31/67
MCA 04909

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: WTB - For 1967
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 08:46:08 AM »
Wish I could help but all I can do that isn't really much help is to say that I hunted this same lens for years, after 3 failed attempts at ebay auction purchases that went ridiculously high, I found an auction listing for a nice condition early 67 Cougar padded console section (that uses the same lens, though it had only 2 of the 4 lamps in the listing, FUEL and PARK lamps). I won the auction for a few hundred dollars out of Canada. The insane thing is, I threw a MUCH HIGHER than $200 bid at it in the last few seconds (sniping it) but fortunately, it was for COUGAR and not MUSTANG and those Cougar guys are only slightly less crazy than we all are ;)

The lamp base was different for reaching through the added thickness of the padded console but the lens I needed (you also) is the same.

Once I found a buyer for the padded console piece, I only lost a few dollars of seller fees and shipping (If I recall correctly, I bought the piece with 2 of the four lamps for $200 plus shipping, I sold the console piece for $225 plus shipping without the lamps so it was real close to breaking even)
The bonus was my PARK lens was warped a little and I got a better one out of the deal.

Just another source for the correct lens. This rare 67 Cougar option was BEFORE the XR7 was introduced mid-year of the 67 model year.

The chromed bezels can be bought with the Scott Drake lens kit. The Scott Drake bezels are a perfect fitment and perfect match but the lenses are the later 67 and 68 versions. You might recall these details from the old "Convenience" thread from a few years ago.

Richard
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:52:23 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 196667Bob

Re: WTB - For 1967
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 11:43:43 AM »
Richard : Thanks for your input. Yes, I am well aware of the early Cougar's padded console, and the longer "light tubes" that were used on them. I found that these tubes could be used on our Mustangs as long as a spacer was provided. I actually made a few of the "Four hole spacers" from an aluminum bar, in order to try them, and they worked perfectly if installed on the back of the panels.

As far as the bezels, I actually have plenty of them. Over the years, I've been lucky enough to come up with original "PARK", "BELTS", and Red "FUEL" Lenses, and a Blue "DOOR" Lens with Bezel and Light Tube, but the Blue "FUEL" lens (which I need for my January 31 car), has escaped me. I have even looked into having the lenses made, but none that I have contacted have either wanted to, or been able to, make them out of such a thin material. The thickness of the lens is limited, as the depression in the Bezel must accommodate the lens, and still have enough "meat" left to "stake" the light tube onto it.

As far as the old, and long, thread on the Safety Convenience System, I started putting together a comprehensive "summary type" Article a couple years ago. I am still working on it "off and on", in order to help others "down the road". It will include "History", "Details/ Differences", "Part Numbers", "Part Availability and Options for Parts", and "Trouble Shooting". An ongoing Project of mine for sure.

Bob
1966 Coupe, C Code, 3 Sp MT, 6T07C154XXX, Build Date 11/22/65
1967 Conv, C Code, C4, 7F03C154XXX, Actual Build Date 01/31/67
MCA 04909