Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Mercury Models 1965-73

1969 Cyclone bucket seat side mouldings

(1/1)

kwemj 67:
Was wondering if anyone knew where to find a nice ( non-dented) set of the stainless looking hockey stick side seat mouldings. Not reproduced that I can find and mine are not in great shape. Thanks.

jwc66k:
Try e-bay, and have some patience. It took a friend of mine that has a 67 Fairlane about 6 months to get his seat moldings. The irony is the seller was 20 miles from his house.
Jim

67gta289:
Crazy as it seems but I just grabbed a set from a 69 Torino bucket seat car today.  They are anodized aluminum, not stainless.  They have typical 50 years of wear including some minor dents (nothing sharp).  I was going to have them straightened out and re-anodized.

kwemj 67:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on September 21, 2020, 03:55:43 PM ---Try e-bay, and have some patience. It took a friend of mine that has a 67 Fairlane about 6 months to get his seat moldings. The irony is the seller was 20 miles from his house.
Jim

--- End quote ---
It is interesting how many times some of the car guys I know are hunting all over the country for a car or parts and find them pretty much in their backyard!  Friend was looking for a 70 B2 and we tracked down 31 cars in our province( a couple for sale) but very syrprising given population.

kwemj 67:

--- Quote from: 67gta289 on September 21, 2020, 09:02:33 PM ---Crazy as it seems but I just grabbed a set from a 69 Torino bucket seat car today.  They are anodized aluminum, not stainless.  They have typical 50 years of wear including some minor dents (nothing sharp).  I was going to have them straightened out and re-anodized.

--- End quote ---
Very right on the aluminium instead of stainless, be interested to see what companies re-anodize?. Let me know what you find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version