Author Topic: 68 seatbelt installation  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Colorado56

68 seatbelt installation
« on: December 05, 2020, 03:24:53 PM »
Does anyone have a color picture of the assembly order of the front seatbelts in 68 December built Shelby?  Assembly Order - hex Bolt, Cad spacer, Y shoulder belt, chrome spacer, lap belt, washer under carpet,sealer? Assembly  Order - hex bolt, cad spacer, Belt retractor, chrome spacer, Y shoulder belt, washer behind carpet?  Were all of the front seatbelt bolts the same length?  The original fasteners were missing and they used hardware store bolts and washers.  I ordered AMK bolts but they are much shorter that the ones I pulled from a early 68 with shoulder belts so the originals it is. While we are talking seatbelts. Are the rear seatbelt mounting standard mustang?

Thanks in advance. Dave

Offline Coralsnake

• Global Moderator
Re: 68 seatbelt installation
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 06:10:55 PM »
The rear seat belt installation is standard Mustang. If I recall correctly the inner and outer bolts have different head markings.

Not all the bolts are the same length.

On the front, center the order is usually a thick flat washer on carpet, shoulder belt, chrome spacer, lap belt, thick colored washer (with teeth) and bolt.

On the rocker the order is the same, thick flat phosphate washer, shoulder belt, spacer, retractor (fb only) thick colored washer and bolt.

Offline Colorado56

Re: 68 seatbelt installation
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 03:07:25 AM »
Thanks.  I am assuming the correct bolt has the longer shoulder on it?  Both examples came off early January NJ cars.