Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Cougar 1967-73

Radio Antenna installed by the dealer?

(1/3) > >>

Bsbeck:
I was reading on the Concours Mustang FB page how the radio antenna was shipped in the trunk, in a brown paper bag, to be installed by the dealer.  A template was also included to use to drill the hole in the fender. I assume this was done the same way on the 67-73 Cougars.  The bigger question is.... how did that cable get routed and put into the wiring loom on the lower dash and into the back of the radio without removing the fender and the dash pad?

CharlesTurner:
On 65-68 Mustangs, there's a hole already in the side cowl panel up above the edge of the kick panel.  It has a plug in it from the assembly plant.  After drilling the hole in the fender, the cable can be fished down through the hole without any disassembly.  It's then just clipped to the lower dash and plugged into the radio.

Someone else will have to answer about post '68 and other models.

Bsbeck:
Charles, so someone played contortionist and was able to route that cable from the bottom all the way from the fender to the radio?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Bsbeck on January 11, 2022, 03:53:58 PM ---Charles, so someone played contortionist and was able to route that cable from the bottom all the way from the fender to the radio?

--- End quote ---

Depends on the dealership how they did it. Some got creative (methods and homemade tools/helpers) and after a few, the worker at the dealership figured out what worked the best for them and the guy that could do it the quickest got assigned to do that task for the new car prep

Bsbeck:
I've seen a template for the Mustang.  Has anyone ever seen the template for the Cougars?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version