Author Topic: 68 Tail light covers  (Read 1775 times)

Offline ruppstang

68 Tail light covers
« on: July 22, 2023, 08:48:29 PM »
This is our unrestored 68 High Country Special taillight cover. It is held in place with a screw something I have not found screws on our 68 GT350s. Other than the screw I have installed the covers on the Shelby in the same way. The last MCA national I got a deduction for incorrect installation. Am I missing something here?

Offline Coralsnake

• Global Moderator
Re: 68 Tail light covers
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 08:54:03 PM »
Typically no screws on the Shelbys

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 09:38:01 PM »
Typically no screws on the Shelbys

Yes that is what I thought. But are they not installed the same way other wise? I did not use any screws on the Shelby. I do not get what the judge thought was wrong with the installation.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2023, 12:36:45 AM »
Yes that is what I thought. But are they not installed the same way other wise? I did not use any screws on the Shelby. I do not get what the judge thought was wrong with the installation.
The simplest solution is to ask the judge what he means . It is not like you don't know how to get a hold of him. I would do that on any other corrections that you are trying to make that you are not sure what he expects. Who knows he may have gotten it mixed up with a 69/70 .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2023, 12:39:04 PM »
The simplest solution is to ask the judge what he means . It is not like you don't know how to get a hold of him. I would do that on any other corrections that you are trying to make that you are not sure what he expects. Who knows he may have gotten it mixed up with a 69/70 .

Did that, need to talk with the other judge this week.

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2023, 02:57:14 PM »
As Pete said screws were not typically used on 68's however we've seen some examples so I would say "as needed". Certainly absence of them shouldn't be a deduction
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America