Author Topic: 68 shelby gt500 front bumper brackets  (Read 1982 times)

Offline hoppin67

68 shelby gt500 front bumper brackets
« on: November 11, 2011, 11:37:03 PM »
my front bumper brackets on my 68 shelby gt500 are different than any other ones ive seen. the base that bolts to the frame is 11" where others are 8". this one has 4 holes instead of two. hear of such thing? it also has little oval pieces welded 3/4 way up shaft, others ive seen dont have them. the base looks as you can adjust front to back on the set of fours holes, lines up perfect.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 68 shelby gt500 front bumper brackets
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 11:51:37 PM »
my front bumper brackets on my 68 shelby gt500 are different than any other ones ive seen. the base that bolts to the frame is 11" where others are 8". this one has 4 holes instead of two. hear of such thing? it also has little oval pieces welded 3/4 way up shaft, others ive seen dont have them. the base looks as you can adjust front to back on the set of fours holes, lines up perfect.
Can you post some pictures?
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:24:42 PM »
Shelby bumper brackets are longer then regular Mustang . The same goes for the outer bumper brackets too. Waiting for a picture so to confirm stock bracket. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 06:14:55 PM »
sounds like real deal. Inner and outer brackets had extension welded on them (usually crude looking) and 2 new holes drilled.Oval brackets? are these on the outer brackets (tube ones) about 4" from bumper end? They are to keep the rubber protectors from sliding down shaft
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America