Author Topic: Heater Hose Routing with A/C on 68 GT500  (Read 3396 times)

Offline 69SCJQ4.30

Heater Hose Routing with A/C on 68 GT500
« on: June 12, 2012, 02:07:41 PM »
I don't have any assembly manuals, does the hose that comes off the water control valve go to the water pump connection or the intake connection?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Heater Hose Routing with A/C on 68 GT500
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:27:23 PM »
I don't have any assembly manuals, does the hose that comes off the water control valve go to the water pump connection or the intake connection?
Intake.The assemblyline manuals are a investment which will pay for themselves quickly in time savings and lessened stress levels ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 11:58:13 PM »
The assemblyline manuals are a investment which will pay for themselves quickly in time savings and lessened stress levels ;)
How true. The only problem is getting people to read them -
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 11:49:09 PM »
How true. The only problem is getting people to read them -
Jim

AND confirming that the assembly lines did things that way (as shown in the Assembly Manuals). Deducted for a number of things shown in the Assembly Manuals but not done on production cars last week at the annual SAAC Convention.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 01:02:45 AM »
AND confirming that the assembly lines did things that way (as shown in the Assembly Manuals). Deducted for a number of things shown in the Assembly Manuals but not done on production cars last week at the annual SAAC Convention.
Still, 80 percent of something is better than 100 percent of nothing. (My Assembly Manuals are marked up with things I've found "different", including some differences you've noted.)
JNim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 02:01:14 AM »
Still, 80 percent of something is better than 100 percent of nothing...........

Well in this cases (last weekend) owners lost more than 20% or the points in that section :(   they received the same points as if they would not copied the Assembly Manual in most of the examples
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 69SCJQ4.30

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 01:05:37 AM »
Yeah I know about some of that! I believe the manuals called for 6 rubber retainers for the firewall pad on a 68 and a 69 but I have only ever seen two holding them in!