1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Boss

Blue Daub on steering arm

(1/2) > >>

RocketScientist:
I came across a pic of a 70 Boss (Metuchen) that has a medium blue daub on its steering arm and I was wondering if this is normal? I read that 69 Bosses have the blue daub to signify bigger spindles, so would this be a carry-over from the previous year?
Brad

J_Speegle:
Have examples with a similar blue or a turquoise on the steering arm section of the spindle. May be tied to when the spindle was made. You should also find a somewhat thin piece of green friction tape on the upper arm of the spindle helping to identify it also.

Sometimes in conjunction with the turquoise on the arm there is a second color also. We can dig deeper if you need or wish

RocketScientist:
Jeff, I would be interested in seeing what information you have, so the markings aren't miss-applied.

J_Speegle:
When was your car built/completed or a sequential number so I can provide the closest matching information/pictures for you?

RocketScientist:
Jeff it was was built November 14, 1969 at Dearborn and I'd like to see if these markings apply to my car.
Thanks, Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version