1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

Identifying styled steel wheels

<< < (2/2)

196667Bob:
I agree that the OP measured incorrectly. That being said, I disagree with both OldGuy and RoyceP as to whaqt the wheels are. The widest Styled Steel Wheel that Ford made that looked like these was in 19678, and it was 5.5" eide. The 1965-66 SSW were 5.00" wide.Even the widest SteeL Wheel that Ford made from 1960-68 was only 6" wide.

So, either the OP's wheels are eithe 5.00 otr 5.5" wide, or they are a very, vety early w2ide reproduction of Ford's SSW. I say very, very early because riveted wheels were deemed illegal by the DOT at some time after 1967 (I can't remember what year, but maybe someone can help me out.

I have attached a listing of wheelsw for all models  1960-68 from the 1960-68 Ford Master Parts Catalog.

Bob

MrBill:
Nobody said I was perfect.

I'll be giving them a general clean up this weekend if I have time, perhaps I'll come across some type of identification then.

Thanks again for the guidance

Bill

OldGuy:

--- Quote from: 196667Bob on April 12, 2024, 01:30:01 PM ---I agree that the OP measured incorrectly. That being said, I disagree with both OldGuy and RoyceP as to whaqt the wheels are. The widest Styled Steel Wheel that Ford made that looked like these was in 19678, and it was 5.5" eide. The 1965-66 SSW were 5.00" wide.Even the widest SteeL Wheel that Ford made from 1960-68 was only 6" wide.

--- End quote ---

OldGuy never said that these were factory wheels. Someone custom made these rims because they are reversed. The factory never made a reversed Rally wheel.

Apparently someone re attached the wheel centers to the rims with rivets as I don't see any signs of welding.

Frank

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version