Author Topic: Alternator rebuild shop in So. Cal.?  (Read 841 times)

Offline MustangAndFairlane1867

Alternator rebuild shop in So. Cal.?
« on: November 20, 2018, 03:34:10 PM »
The alternator on my '65 K code San Jose Mustang is the original one that came with the car and I want to get it rebuilt.  What I'm not sure of is the finish I should be shooting for.  I recently had a carb rebuilt and they put it through a tumbler that did a terrific job of returning the finish to what I believe is very close to original, and I think I would like to do the same with my alternator's body.  Does anyone know if this is a good idea for an alternator's finish?  And if so, I could use some suggestions where to take it or send it for the rebuild.  I'm in southern California but have no problem boxing it up for shipment if there's a shop that has a good track record.  Thank You!

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Alternator rebuild shop in So. Cal.?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 03:36:29 PM »
you need to contact jack... http://www.deadnutson.com he'll do you a great job.
5F09C331248

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 08:07:52 PM »
you need to contact jack... http://www.deadnutson.com he'll do you a great job.
+1 . They come backed looking and detailed as good as NOS.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Morsel

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 09:16:25 PM »
+2,  Jack did mine and it's done perfect, way better then any other rebuilds I've seen...

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 11:28:32 PM »
I have done my own for years and I can't get a better look then what Jack turns out. I am pretty picky.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline rocket289k

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 12:20:00 PM »
I have done my own for years and I can't get a better look then what Jack turns out. I am pretty picky.

+3 Jack's attention to detail is excellent and produces a excellent finished product (including stamping, stator color and ink marks).

Ron
1965 "A" Code 289 Mustang GT - Planned Build Date July 19 / Bucked July 21 Metuchen / Factory AC & PS / C4 Auto / 3.00 open