Author Topic: REPRODUCTION Oil Filters are likely DISCONTINUED  (Read 1092 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
REPRODUCTION Oil Filters are likely DISCONTINUED
« on: November 12, 2020, 01:05:45 PM »
So, reporting some recent activity over on Concous Mustang Facebook page on the REPRODUCTION OIL FILTERS. I have no stake in this but thought if needed, a person might NOT find them at the modest price they used to find them..

The O.P. of that Facebook post wrote:
(also a member of this Forum)

"I was looking through the NPD catalog and noticed the red rotunda oil filter is no longer listed but it is on the website but shows out of stock. Is it going to be available sometime soon or has it been discontinued?"

Scott's latest response (NPD):

"So here's the story, albeit a several days later. We have the last available red Rotunda filters coming to us. Very limited supply. They are exhausting their supply of red Rotunda decals. The price is higher than before but they are going to be the last of the production. The supplier has 2 issues: 1 They need to find a new manufacturer. These are Motorcraft FL-1A filters with new outer cans and the guy can no longer convert them. 2 The new Ford licensing agreement is not to the suppliers liking and he is dropping his license. We are working with him to access how many gold Rotunda's and white Autolite's can still be completed before his current license expires. If he can find a new manufacturer we will try to get them to make the cans in all black so the end user can paint them block color, white or gold and use an Osborne oil filter decal themselves where appropriate."

Take the information at face value. I bought a few extras for my project. NPD'S website reflects an increase on ALL of their reproduction filters (when compared to their recently recieved 2021 paper catalog).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 01:09:22 PM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: REPRODUCTION Oil Filters are likely DISCONTINUED
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 09:28:49 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Of our folks the color of the filter will likely not be the issue as most will repaint theirs. Availability of any non name and AUTOLITE ones will be

So like the last repo dist caps one would likely want to stock a few if they see a need in the near future
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ChrisV289

Re: REPRODUCTION Oil Filters are likely DISCONTINUED
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 10:44:18 PM »
I was the one who noticed.  I think the problem will be that if they are not reproduced whether it is the red or gold Rotunda or the autolite, we are going to not have the double ribbed filter any longer...My plan is just use one for MCA shows, change it out before loading it up, use it for the weekend, and then change it out and keep it in a container for the next show
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe