Author Topic: Whats it worth C8AE s code intake  (Read 1575 times)

Offline 76CobraII

Whats it worth C8AE s code intake
« on: April 01, 2021, 11:46:00 PM »
Sorry if I am breaking forum rules. Please remove if I am
I am trying to help my engine builder sell this intake. He is like a grandfather to me and I would like to get him what its worth. It is an original 4 barrel intake manifold. It has the s on it and the number is C8AE. It has the original blue paint which is chipped and a little rusty. I can post pics tomorrow. What should I ask for it?
Thanks,
Chris

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Whats it worth C8AE s code intake
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 01:01:35 AM »
Sorry if I am breaking forum rules. Please remove if I am
I am trying to help my engine builder sell this intake. He is like a grandfather to me and I would like to get him what its worth. It is an original 4 barrel intake manifold. It has the s on it and the number is C8AE. It has the original blue paint which is chipped and a little rusty. I can post pics tomorrow. What should I ask for it?
Thanks,
Chris
In years past it was not uncommon to find some of the 390 cast iron intakes propped up beside the trash can after a car show swap meet was over . The seller didn't want to carry the heavy part home. In today's world with people trying to restore cars back to stock original there are people looking for them . The problem is shipping cost and also packaging for shipment . Cast iron corners and edges can get broken if dropped rendering the part useless. Typically a wooden crate is the most cost effective way but is labor intensive . I would post a ad in the for sale section with a price of 150.00 or best offer .That is just my opinion others may have a different one. You will have to decide about the crate issue ahead of time . If you post for pick up only you will limit the possible buyers tremulously . I sincerely wish you the best of luck getting the item sold. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 02:31:50 PM »
In years past it was not uncommon to find some of the 390 cast iron intakes propped up beside the trash can after a car show swap meet was over . The seller didn't want to carry the heavy part home.
The same can be said for 289 cast iron and steel parts. I picked up 4 sets of heads and a crank at a swap meet that no one wanted. That was over 20 years ago. I gave away one set of heads last year. Nobody wants 67-68 smog heads.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 03:23:48 PM »
Price has gone up on those FE intakes. They used to be worth $1 per lb.
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A