Author Topic: Lower Power steering hose strap to shock tower - 67 San Jose  (Read 423 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Lower Power steering hose strap to shock tower - 67 San Jose
« on: October 30, 2019, 06:31:40 AM »
I wouldn't mind hearing more about the LOWER strap seen on SOME cars. Is there a chance of narrowing down WHAT cars may have had this lower strap?
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Lower Power steering hose strap to shock tower - 67 San Jose
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 05:28:13 PM »
Split this request from the earlier "upper" PS hose strap discussion. ;)

Yes it seems these are not often seen and at this point I'm unsure of when they were used/installed and if this is a San Jose or all plant detail. Would guess this is a 67 C or A code thing (for right now) and all that may remain is the mounting hole in the lower shock tower. Think that may be the clue we need to look for (unless the strap is present as in the picture I posted) on the examples we compare.

Will be a little while until I can go through all my pictures (other commitments)

To start it off the picture above came from the 67 San Jose convertible featured in one of the unrestored picture threads in that section of the site - 7R03C1883xx (projected build date of about March 2nd)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 06:24:41 PM »
My signature car has one, pic attached.  At least I think I have the right one identified in yellow.

I found a plastic retainer in the hole for the upper strap, but the strap was long gone.  There was no retainer found in the lower hole.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 07:11:16 PM »
Yes that appears to be the hole for that lower strap. Cars (VIN wise) are at least close enough to have been built at or around the same time. Sorry don't have a real date for my example posted above. As mentioned will look to see how many cars I have pictures of that lower shock tower area as I'm not aware that I have any additional pictures of the strap and retainer present.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)