Author Topic: 69 Mustang "E" - 63D body style Discussion  (Read 7142 times)

Offline ruger

Re: 69 Mustang "E" - 63D body style Discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 11:28:28 PM »
On the invoice, I just purchased it this evening.  He pulled it himself for verification purposes I am assuming.  I would love to have all of that info.   :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:51:55 PM by ruger »
1969 Sportsroof Mustang E'
63D
250 six cyl.
C4 trans.
Dearborn build Nov. 1968

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 05:14:29 AM »
Can anyone tell me the correct block code for the 69 250ci?

Guess your asking for the casting numbers.  Not sure where to point you. As you will find out the 6 cylinder owners have a tougher time with research. An older of a Hollanders Exchange manual might list the original application - just a thought

Don't have any 69 L's around to help out and don't think I've ever taken that close of a picture of one of them in the past. Did check through my pictures

BTW never knew or realized they built 6 cylinder (L code)  Grande's. Now there is another odd - low production car I would think..... but that is a discussion for another thread
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:17:37 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 08:41:40 AM »
Thanks all for your info.  You were right all along Priceless. 
krelboyne,   what is the mpc and tag book?   thanks

mpc----master parts catalog.  tagbook---- http://www.martiauto.com/books.cfm
5F09C331248

Offline JohnRB

• 0F03R120303
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 03:06:58 PM »
BTW never knew or realized they built 6 cylinder (L code)  Grande's. Now there is another odd - low production car I would think..... but that is a discussion for another thread

Have seen one here in Europe. 6 cylinder Grande with 240 km/h speedo! Had to look twice  :o

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 10:03:37 PM »
A few weeks ago, I was telling you over on VMF that I thought the 314 stood for the 314th day of the year the Mustang E was built. That was before the Marti report. Now, I see the Mustang was built on Nov. 21st, 68, thats the 314th day of the year! So, It'd be safe to say the 314 on the buck tag stands for that.

Have to disagree with this assumption that the last set of numbers in the top line of a 69 Dearborn is the day that the car would be completed.  That is not the correct meaning. Though it does match well in this one case, that IMHO a coincidence. Have plenty of examples where that number (same year and plant) is in the 400's & 500's ;)

Just that many days in any calendar that I know :)

Believe in this case its simply the first rotation number assigned to the unibody for the first part of the assembly process

If you need pictures or Marti reports we can start a new thread to play show and tell, then explore the discussion further. Didn't want this discussion to get too far off thread but had to put this one to rest before it got legs.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:04:27 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline ruger

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »
Thanks to another Mustang fanatic I have a picture to share.  Don't know what year this is and I don't care, it's another "E" from the past.

63D
250 six cyl.
C4 trans.
Dearborn build Nov. 1968

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 07:53:11 PM »
Thanks to another Mustang fanatic I have a picture to share.  Don't know what year this is and I don't care, it's another "E" from the past.

Seem to remember seeing this picture some time in the past - thanks for sharing.

Might be another advertising shot - given the period dress seen on the woman in the back ground.  Could even be a made up car just for the shots- emblems/decals added to another model for the pictures.

Not a very faltering for the particular car   but interesting white with red interior example, remote mirror and rocker molding.

Something that might be interesting if you every hire Kevin to do some extra research is if all of the "E's" were assembled at Dearborn
Jeff Speegle

Offline C9ZZ-16228-B

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 11:00:37 PM »
I know this topic is over a year old, but Ruger, if you're still out there:

Is the transmission in your 69 E-car a case fill or pan fill?  Meaning does the transmission dipstick tube go through the transmission case or go directly into the side of the transmission pan? 

If there's any interest I'll go into what leads me to ask that, and hint that it involves a "Bandit" reference in my parts book.

garrett

Offline ruger

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 11:14:20 AM »
I will have to look when I get home.  However I did find some reference to  "Bandido"   Please elaborate if you would.  Thanks
63D
250 six cyl.
C4 trans.
Dearborn build Nov. 1968