Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Cougar 1967-73

Chrome oil cap - 1967 289 with AC and T/E - CA emissions

<< < (2/3) > >>

J_Speegle:

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on November 16, 2016, 11:20:51 PM ---

--- End quote ---

NOTES:
1.) Odd AC Compressor. I can't recall seeing one like it before. Remnant of Thermactor Hose HOOP strap still on top (BTW, I am looking for one of these hen's teeth!)

2.) Thermactor Pump and system seem to have been removed A/C Tensioner pulley added where otherwise, a Thermactor System would typically go over to the smog pump without the tensioner or adjuster pulley in the center.

3.) NO Heat Stove Ducting on the air cleaner though it has a screen similar to the Big Block cars with Chrome Dress-Up. Never seen that before. Scott ??? your wisdom ??? Is this typical for the DGS?

krelboyne:
That air cleaner assembly looks fresh, could be the Scott Drake reproduction that came out recently.

J_Speegle:
With a 71 DSO the air cleaner is incorrect for the car/region

It appears to be an aluminum pump. Possibly changed out at some point in the past as the aluminum pumps were the ones typically used for service parts. Figured it was due to the fact that they were much lighter and didn't rust while in storage

Deuce:

--- Quote ---[Remnant of Thermactor Hose HOOP strap still on top (BTW, I am looking for one of these hen's teeth!)/quote]

I've read in this forum that those hoop straps are hard to find.   One is still on my car and it remains in service securing the Thermactor hose, but I think it had a factory rubber insulation coating that's long gone.  Is there a successful way to recoat the strap with rubber again?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version