1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1968 Shelby

68 convertible Trunk weather stripping tips

<< < (2/3) > >>

droptopboss:
S9MS-7643720-A

From Scott Drake via Daniel Carpenter purchased at Summit Racing $30.65 shipped

droptopboss:
Any tips on installation?

CharlesTurner:
Recommend using neoprene contact adhesive with a small brush.  There's a guy that sells amber color on ebay in small quantities, Herco brand, search 'neoprene contact adhesive'.

I usually divide the contact area into 1/6ths.  Brush adhesive on the lid, then brush sections of the weather-strip and stick it.

One other tip on the repro stuff is to rough up the contact surface of the rubber with some 80 grit sandpaper to give it more bite.  Also make sure any release agent is removed with a solvent.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on January 16, 2018, 04:31:23 PM ---Recommend using neoprene contact adhesive with a small brush.  There's a guy that sells amber color on ebay in small quantities, Herco brand, search 'neoprene contact adhesive'.

I usually divide the contact area into 1/6ths.  Brush adhesive on the lid, then brush sections of the weather-strip and stick it.

One other tip on the repro stuff is to rough up the contact surface of the rubber with some 80 grit sandpaper to give it more bite.  Also make sure any release agent is removed with a solvent.

--- End quote ---
+1 . Excellent advice. I had forgotten the advantage of roughing up the surface of the weatherstrip for added grip.

droptopboss:
Anybody have a picture? 69/70

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version