1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

1966 v8 fuel filter

<< < (3/3)

evantugby:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on January 20, 2018, 03:21:31 PM ---Chiming in  :)  As Bob mentioned Shelby didn't use any special or different filter just an adapter to make the Mustang one fit the different (Holley) carb

--- End quote ---

Jeff or Bob,
Do either of you have a picture of this adapter that Shelby used?  I'm trying to locate one for purchase.  Is there a supplier that you know of who sells them? 

edwardgt350:
call brant at virginia classic mustang

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: evantugby on April 06, 2018, 10:12:38 PM ---Jeff or Bob,
Do either of you have a picture of this adapter that Shelby used?  I'm trying to locate one for purchase.  Is there a supplier that you know of who sells them?

--- End quote ---

Brant at Virginia Mustang or Jim at Shelby Parts and Restoration would be two of the places that should have them

Both members here  :)

Question really is off thread considering its placement ;)

evantugby:
spoke to Jim, he is checking if he has the 1" adapter that Shelby would have used when switching from the autolite to holley carb. 

Thanks for the lead. 

196667Bob:

--- Quote from: NEFaurora on January 13, 2018, 01:19:28 PM ---... but Rotunda was Specifically a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury parts supplier only..sort of an internal Ford Parts Supplier.  Autolite and Motorcraft were different than Rotunda in that they made parts for other vehicles as well such as GM and Mopar, and not just Ford products.

:o)

Tony K.

--- End quote ---

Tony : Not quite correct. While Ford may have been the only major car manufacturer using Rotunda parts on the Assembly line, the Rotunda Service Parts line was just the opposite. Rotunda made some parts just for Fords going back to the late 50's, but in 1964 decided to push their brand to the full car market, touting the Rotunda line as having "Universal Applications". This can especially be seen in the Rotunda Accessories, which while they included instructions, templates, etc. for Ford bars, they also included them for "Universal Applications". The sole "Rotunda Only" parts catalog produced was in 1964, and the inset noted that it was for all car makes (picture attached). They did have separate specific parts catalogs, like the 1967 Rotunda Muffler catalog (picture attached), which again noted that it was for "all makes". During Rotunda's "heydays" of mid 60's to early 70's, FoMoCo parts, just for the Ford Family of cars, were still being produced. As a matter of fact, going back to the 50's, I can't think of any FoMoCo parts, other than maintenance products, that were "touted " to be of "Universal Application" (not to say that some couldn't have been used as such).

Just thought that I'd clarify this a bit so that someone reading your Post doesn't think that "Rotunda Parts" were only "Ford Parts". They were actually much like the Autolite parts you mentioned.

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version