Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Drivetrain

Cobra Jet Detailing Guide

<< < (2/4) > >>

Anghelrestorations:
Thanks for the inputs everyone.....I needed another set of eyes on this.  Will post an updated version in the next few days and update the thread when its done. 

Mike_B_SVT:
Finishing reading, here are a few other things that caught my eye...

Pg 15, #45e - "The oil cooler bracket was held in place with two special brackets..." 

Pg 15, #47 - just me being a picky editor, but I think the image with the fuel pump date code should have the text portion in the same order as the stamped number, for a more direct correlation.  "9M8A" stamp / "1969 Dec 8 First Shift" text.

Pg 16, #50 - the C9ZE-E fans have no date code?  Mine has a "27" and "u" (greek Mu) stamped in one fin.  Is this some sort of inspection stamp and not a date code?  Or is mine stamped because it was a service replacement?

Ok, that's all I got :-)  Thanks for the excellent article!

1969 Cale II:
Great story. It is amazing how many experts won't share what they know. This site has plenty of knowledge to share, and willing to. I am glad I am part of it. Everybody keep up the GREAT work.
Chris

69428SCJ:
This is a fantastic document! It's going to help me quite a bit, I do have some suggestions though, mostly grammar. Under number 11, it should read, "There were two basic versions..." same applies to changing was to were in the first sentence in numbers 27, 37, 45a, and 50. Also, could a section be added indicating how much of the engine was assembled that received paint and/or parts that are clearly painted along with those that aren't plainly obviously painted?

ramblewood390GT:
Great work, very helpful and well-written.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version