Author Topic: Excel Hardware Spreadsheets, How do you customize by year & options?  (Read 696 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Jim's spreadsheets are an excellent resource, no doubt about that. I printed off 28 pages of microscopic font that encompasses both the 67 and 68 model years, with EVERY option for both years.

I admit, I know VERY LITTLE of how Microft Excel works.

Perhaps a little tutorial of how I can thin the sheets, first by removing everything "68 ONLY" (for my specific needs), then perhaps a line by line deletion for engine or transmission options my example doesn't have and so on..

Any "Excel Wizards" who know a good way for me to customize a spreadsheet for my particular project?

Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
Re: Excel Hardware Spreadsheets, How do you customize by year & options?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 01:44:57 PM »
Copy spreadsheet so that you have the original.
Open your copy and select the tab called Data and select the square box Sort.
Sort on Column J.

Result will have 67 first, then 68, then 67 and 68.
Remove the 68 section.

Next sort on column G, get result and remove stuff relate to "Trans" or whatever.

Selecting on the number row (before column A) and then shift selecting further down will allow multirow selecting. Right click for getting to the delete option.

That's as simple as I can make it.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 01:54:23 PM »
Copy spreadsheet so that you have the original.
Open your copy and select the tab called Data and select the square box Sort.
Sort on Column J.

Result will have 67 first, then 68, then 67 and 68.
Remove the 68 section.

Next sort on column G, get result and remove stuff relate to "Trans" or whatever.

Selecting on the number row (before column A) and then shift selecting further down will allow multirow selecting. Right click for getting to the delete option.

That's as simple as I can make it.

ALMOST as clear as mud :D

I have downloaded a few copies of the spreadsheets and Jim has also PM'd me so it looks like I will be trying to learn more about using Excel.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 02:32:57 PM »
Two "custom" 67 only files created and sent to Richard.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Online 67gta289

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 06:51:24 PM »
Here's a shot at some instructions on Excel filtering using examples from one of the actual spreadsheets.  Let me know if I missed anything or if there are questions.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 07:43:19 AM »
Here's a shot at some instructions on Excel filtering using examples from one of the actual spreadsheets.  Let me know if I missed anything or if there are questions.

I think my High school forgot this lesson. Oh wait, back in the stone age, we didn't Excel in all these fancy 'puter skills ;) (hick-hick!)

That lesson was great John! I figured there were easier ways to use the program far beyond my comprehension level and patience...I think you have just proved it! lol!

I might dabble some in that to thin the herd of hardware closer to my build. What's the worse thing that could happen, I learn something NEW! (like, OMG!)
Richard Urch