Author Topic: Where to find Sound Deadener?  (Read 1340 times)

Offline evantugby

Where to find Sound Deadener?
« on: April 07, 2020, 11:31:41 PM »
Gents,
I'm trying to find a place that sells sound deadener and perhaps the spray gun for the application.  Picture is for reference. 

1966 GT, 6T09K13, Born 23 Oct 1965

There is no statue of equality in liberty harbor, there is a statue of liberty.  We are different this way.  -CK

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Where to find Sound Deadener?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 12:04:02 AM »
Got a product and maker you want to use?

Depending on where you live , if the company is currently open given the situation and local availability you can purchase some at the local auto paint stores or online. Done it both ways.

For recommendations use the search there are dozens of threads showing examples and posts of what worked for other members. Some applicators can be hundreds of dollars or you may be able to get the paint shop to lend you one. 

Did, recently, look up the Sludge product I and others have used and it appears they have changed the product name and it doesn't take a special gun in fact I didn't use a gun or special applicator for the rear wheel wells and trunk area though I did a final spray top coat with another rattle can product successfully. Pictures of that application are in an older 69 GT350 restoration thread and in other threads as mentioned
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline evantugby

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 12:06:59 AM »
Got a product and maker you want to use?

Depending on where you live , if the company is currently open given the situation and local availability you can purchase some at the local auto paint stores or online. Done it both ways.

For recommendations use the search there are dozens of threads showing examples and posts of what worked for other members. Some applicators can be hundreds of dollars or you may be able to get the paint shop to lend you one. 

Did, recently, look up the Sludge product I and others have used and it appears they have changed the product name and it doesn't take a special gun in fact I didn't use a gun or special applicator for the rear wheel wells and trunk area though I did a final spray top coat with another rattle can product successfully. Pictures of that application are in an older 69 GT350 restoration thread and in other threads as mentioned

Thanks Sir.  I'll probably use a 3M product #08804 and the application gun 08801.  I also might try Lizardskin.  BTW, did you get my PM today? 
1966 GT, 6T09K13, Born 23 Oct 1965

There is no statue of equality in liberty harbor, there is a statue of liberty.  We are different this way.  -CK

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 03:20:10 AM »
Have had best results with the Lord Fusor product.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 06:40:11 PM »
Thanks Sir.  I'll probably use a 3M product #08804 and the application gun 08801.  I also might try Lizardskin.  BTW, did you get my PM today?

Make sure what ever you us produces the look of original sound deadener. You don't want what some restorers end up with - something that looks like black colored Christmas tree flocking  ::)

As far as PM yes just saw it
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)