Author Topic: 69 mach 1 stripe delete?  (Read 260 times)

Offline 1970shelbyguy

69 mach 1 stripe delete?
« on: May 28, 2022, 07:27:16 PM »
 met a fella at our mustang spring show today  -  beautiful black 69 R code sportsroof - owner claimed it was a  " stripe delete " Mach1-. was a  4 speed  but i looked underneath - no staggered shock - so  a 4 gear conversion i guess  - interior had all the Mach woodgrain - Metuchen build  - did they  make any " stripe delete Mach's -  honestly i doubt it but.....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 07:47:14 PM by 1970shelbyguy »
1970 gt500  grabber blue  june/69     1970  boss 302  metuchen  dec/69

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 mach 1 stripe delete?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 10:57:00 PM »
............................did they  make any " stripe delete Mach's -  honestly i doubt it but.....

Yes but it would have been listed and noted in the build information and in the data that Kevin has access to for the Marti Reports

One group of examples was a group of four Dearborn Mach I's were ordered without the stripes for some promotion in 69 according to Kevin
All identical Ram Air CJ with four speeds, Silver Jade, black interior with an AM radio and tach based on the letter with the letterhead. Unfortunately its not a Marti report so can't report if the cars all had the special order DSO's (very likely IMHO) and not standard DSO's
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)