Author Topic: CJ exhaust manifold stud length  (Read 274 times)

Offline 69supercj

CJ exhaust manifold stud length
« on: July 26, 2022, 01:42:19 PM »
I was test fitting the manifolds and the one that uses the spacer seems to have the wrong studs as they are flush with the spacer wheel I test fitted them. There?s not enough thread showing to get the nuts started. How much length should be showing before the spacer and donut gasket is added? It looks like the long manifold has longer studs. They measured 3 inches.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: CJ exhaust manifold stud length
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 02:27:40 PM »
I was test fitting the manifolds and the one that uses the spacer seems to have the wrong studs as they are flush with the spacer wheel I test fitted them. There?s not enough thread showing to get the nuts started. How much length should be showing before the spacer and donut gasket is added? It looks like the long manifold has longer studs. They measured 3 inches.
The driver side does not use a spacer. The passenger side manifold which is the long one uses a spacer which is why it uses the longer studs.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 69supercj

Re: CJ exhaust manifold stud length
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 03:51:41 PM »
The driver side does not use a spacer. The passenger side manifold which is the long one uses a spacer which is why it uses the longer studs.

Yeah Bob I had a brain fart!!