Author Topic: Cleaning a driveshaft  (Read 2237 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Cleaning a driveshaft
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2022, 04:32:50 PM »
Does anyone have a favorite color for the Lavender, and dark green paints?

For these two colors I would expect that you will have to mix two or more colors to get each. Also in my experience this will be fine, if your using the little Testor bottles as bases, since one little bottle will not be enough to paint a full stripe around the driveline tube since the brush will soak up and waste a pretty good percentage of paint

Your likely not going to get a prefect match but on that is close and when viewed will look like the original color and not stand out as incorrect.

As a mention the Lavender appears (on computer screen) similar to the Fuchsia shown in the Basic Paint marking article and the green was not truely a "dark green" as we see applied in other applications. Seems closer to the just green on the left hand side of the two samples in the same article.

I assume you already read the Driveline restoration article ;) for other details and help

A couple of examples and a good example of how much digit pictures capture colors differently but there was some variation in tones as I've seen some owners mistaken the green as a blue when they reproduced them. Likely they had a very small sample or they were guessing  ::)

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)