Author Topic: 64 1/2 Mustang original owner  (Read 909 times)

Offline Mustang64

64 1/2 Mustang original owner
« on: May 01, 2023, 10:44:32 AM »
Hi everybody,
First of all many thanks for these useful informations found in this forum.
Second of all you will notice that I'm french, sorry if my english is not correct all the time
Here is my topic :
I bought a 1964 1/2 Mustang 2 years ago from the 2nd owner.
Since then I'l trying to identify who was (were) the first owner(s).
I was in contact with the 2nd owner at a time but unfortnately not any longer
I tried to contact DMV in Sacramento to investigate with the licence plate nbr but they claim for a 5$ commission which is impossible to transfer from France, because it is an administration and not a physical person.
I tried to log on the internet sites :
- early-mustang.com, but I cannot accesse to the DB registration
- isomustangs.org, but I cannot register my car
Here are my mustang id :
5F07D110---
65A A 46 09D 71 1 5
ORG304
This mustang was built in Dearborn on April, 09th (before the official launch at NYC comercial expo of April, 17th) and shipped to L.A. Ford dealership. I believed this car has spent all it life in southern California, or at least the 2nd owner from who I bought it, always stayed in southern CA and aquired the car in 1988 (he kept it 32 years and restored it a good deal...).
Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated
In the meantime all the best,
Didier

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 64 1/2 Mustang original owner
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 01:20:55 AM »
First welcome to the site. Hope you find the support and information helpful you your endeavours.

Not much chance that with all the anti stalker laws in California you will get any information out of any state agency. No one wants to risk their job for getting the information your looking for,

Typical second options is, if they are available, insurance records or hire a private investigator in the state. Neither are sure things but what some have resulted to after reaching a dead end with the state.

Using the search I do see a number of threads on the same subject. Popped up using the words "search original owner"

Good luck
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Mustang64

Re: 64 1/2 Mustang original owner
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 10:17:18 AM »
Thanks for your answer
I already went through the forum but (as I was afraid of) not much possibilities ; anyway I'll try my luck with insurance records.
Take care,
Didier